Saturday, January 31, 2009

Christmas at the Ralph's 2008 - The Staircase




Christmas 2008 was a fun year to decorate. I had been to the USA earlier in the year and all my stock had arrived for our store thus quite a few things ventured home!! The first picture is at the bottom of our entry stairs, the sled that vintage santa and snowman are sitting on came from a little antique store in Ohio for the small sum ot $42.oo.









This next photo continues up our stairway. You can see Sammy the snowman peeking out of my step basket and how the lighted garland twinkles up the banister.







This photo is looking down our staircase from the top level, this little ledge that runs around the wall is the perfect place for all my santas, snowmen, teddies and friends to all get a birdseye view of who is coming up the stairs. The wall quilt was sewn by my neighbour and I have collected all the handmade pieces over the years from various talented crafters.

No comments: